cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 and exchange 2010

mcaruso95
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchased an RV042 in order to take advantage of the second internet connection we have just put in place.  Currently the port forwarding for the exchange server is handled by our primary DSL modem/router.  After spending some time configuring the new RV042 I tried to implement it yesterday.  I changed the DSL modem/router setting to bridge and changed the IP address so that it would not conflict with the new router.  I unplugged and plugged cables and went back to my workstation.  I opened a browser and the internet was working.  I pulled out my phone and sent an e-mail from phone to workstation and it worked.  I then tried to send an e-mail out from workstation to phone.  It came back undeliverable immediately and then I lost connection to exchange server.  It started asked for password to connect and acted as if I were outside trying to connect through all known aliases for our e-mail server.  I even restarted the e-mail server with no success.  I ended up having to remove the RV042 and reset the DSL modem/router to old settings get back to working.  Can anyone shed light on what I might have missed in RV042 settings?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Some folks found using Protocol Binding to bind SSL (port 443) to one of the WAN port of RV042 can work around the authentication failure issue with Exchange.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Some folks found using Protocol Binding to bind SSL (port 443) to one of the WAN port of RV042 can work around the authentication failure issue with Exchange.

Can I bind SSL from the exchange server to WAN1 and SSL from all other internal IPs to WAN2 without much issue, or should I bind all SSL to the same WAN port?