cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 DHCP Issue

gatorbyte
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV042 router. The problem that I am having with it is that the DHCP is giving out the wrong Default Gateway and DNS Server. There is no option to change the DHCP server IP on any of the settings pages on the router. I am begining to think that there might not be a way to do it.  I see that there is an option for the DNS under the DHCP page but the Public IP that is being handed out is not the one on that page. I also have 2 WAN connections hooked up as well a DSL link and a Cable link (the cable link is the primary one).

The following information is provided in an effort to resolve this issue:

IP of Router 10.0.0.2

IP of DHCP Server (the one that is being handed out):10.0.0.1

IP of DNS (the one that is being handed out): 10.0.0.11

What I want to it be.

IP of Router: 10.0.0.2

IP of DHCP 10.0.0.2

IP of DNS 10.0.0.2

gatorbye

3 Replies 3

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Good morning  gatorbyte

My name is Johnnatan and I am part of the Small business Support community.Look at this document and see if your settings are correct, as it sounds like a configuration problem.

http://sbkb.cisco.com/CiscoSB/ukp.aspx?vw=1&docid=e2c434d144264643bf97c6f46d2a2420_DHCP_Server_or_DHCP_Relay_on_RV042.xml&pid=4&fcid=&fpid=&slnid=5

If this doesnĀ“t work let me know

Thank you.

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

ā€œPlease rate useful posts so other users can benefit from itā€ Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

I tried your link but it is broken. Can you verify the link and repost?

Hi Garret Jackson

Sorry for that, this is the right link :

http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=4&app=search&vw=1&articleid=537

I hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory  for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

ā€œPlease rate useful posts so other users can benefit from itā€ Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.