cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rv042 firewall blocking vpn client access

soportemosi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have a cisco RV042 router, i have configured client acces, clients use quickVPN to connect to the router, it has been working perfectly for over four moths, so good i had forgotten about it, until yesterday, all of a sudden, clients were not able to acces with quickvpn software and have not been able to work.

I could get them to connect disabling the firewall, but this is not a real solution, i do not know why all of a sudden the firewall started blocking this vpn connections, especially since i am the only one in posession of the admin password and i certainly havent changed any configuration on the router.

What is the problem? any ideas on how i can solve it?

2 Replies 2

greenpoise
Level 1
Level 1

I dont know if it is of any help but I recently got this same router and couldnt get it to work because the ISP was blocking the required ports...it might be your case. Run a shields up www.grc.com with your firewall SPI off..if the ports 500, 443, 60443, 4500 are blocked then it wont work or at least the tech support told me so.

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Hey Luis,

Try powercycling the rv042 and see if you can access it.

If the router has too many unsuccessful attempts with quickvpn it will block the service into the router.