cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 giving out router certificate instead of server certificate

eliasocasio
Level 1
Level 1

Just installed RV042 router. And it's giving out router certificate instead of server certificate so people who are trying to access our secured server are getting errors. I'm not talking about remote management. I'm talking about people trying to access our web site, which is secured, and getting an error because the RV042 is giving its own SSL certificate instead of the Server's certificate.

How do we turn that off or keep it from happenning?

The RV042 firm version is v4.0.0.07-tm (Aug 19 2010 19:19:50)

Thank You,

Elias

5 Replies 5

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

The firmware you are using is obsolete. Please update the firmware to the latest version, i.e. 4.2.1.02.

Dear Te-Kai Liu,

I have installed my RV042G some months ago. It has the latest firmware and it works ok.

However it seem that I encounter the same problem like Elias. I have a secured server behind the RV and only sometimes, when the server is accessed, it replyes with router certs instead of the server certs. It is happening more often when it is accessed from another provider network.

I tryed to install our domain SSL cert on the router and it seem that is incompatible. Anyway, the only place where I saw that the certs may be changed is in client vpn setup. I do not think that setup has anything to do with HTTPS SSL certs but I do not know where I can change those not trusted certs.

Please help because many of my clients are complaining that they cannot access the site because is insecure.

Thank you,

Angel

Hi Angel,

I want to have more details about the issue and the error message when you trying to connect or if you have any log in your server you can share with us because it looks a certificate error

also, I want to have more details about the certificate on the server like :

* common name ,Organisational unit,Company,City, State Country.

Can you ensure the Common name on the server certificate configured with the full domaine name like portal.example.biz not only with example.biz or portal .

and what is the configuration on RV042 regarding the server

Thanks

Mehdi

Dear Mehdi,

Can I respond you privately. The servers we have do have sensitive data and the security policy requires that we do not share addreses and ports to the public.

Thank you,

Angel

Of course

you can send me a private mail : mboukraa@cisco.com

thanks

Mehdi