cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a new admin guide for RV120W at 1.0.4.10 ? Need Help.

daveg2255
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to setup Three networks all with different IP ranges.

I assume I can create a new VLAN and associate that VLAN with one of the four available ports.

Port 1 can have 192.168.1.1 - 254, Port 2 can have 192.168.2.1 - 254 and Port 3 can have 10.0.1.1 - 254.

But the Admin guide I just downloaded is NOT for 10.0.4.10.  It shows Networking > LAN > VLAN Configuration.

My screens show Networking > LAN > VLAN Membership.

So I am not sure how to make Port 2 associate with VLAN98 ( I created VLAN98 and 99 for the other two networks). 

There is a membership table that you can Tag or untag for each of the four ports - is that it ?

Thanks

Dave

2 Replies 2

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi dg, I don't have one of these in front of me but yes, you sound correct. First make the vlans (on the LAN configuration where the DHCP is at, you should see a drop down where you can choose your different LAN's and see the DHCP setting for each).

For the vlan member, you would want to make a port untagged. So if you have vlan 98 and want to connect a computer to this subnet, it should be vlan 98 untagged on that port.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks Tom for the Reply.

I looked again and the admin guide online is Revised and does follow firmware 1.0.4.10.  The guide that came on my CD was downlevel ( matched the older firmware I had out of the box).

The VLAN's are created on Networking > LAN > (Local Network) > VLAN Membership.

There is a table available ( once you click on VLAN Enable ) to add a Row.

Each Row can be a new VLAN ; the RV120 supports up to 4 VLANS.

On each row you have options for Port 1,2,3 and 4.

You can set them to TAGGED, UNTAGGED, or EXCLUDED.

The default VLAN 1 was set to UNTAGGED for all four ports.

You had stated to make the Port I want for VLAN98 to be UNTAGGED.

The manual states this:

Tagged     = Used when connecting to switches carrying multiple VLANs.

UnTagged = Access ports connecting to end devices like printers and workstations.

I am a little confused at this.  If I want Port 4 to ONLY accept traffic for the settings of VLAN 98

and I do NOT want VLAN 1 to be able to be used for Port 4 ...

Do I make Port 4 UNTAGGED for Vlan98 and TAGGED for Vlan 1 ..... oh, lightbulb moment !

I guess I change the row for Vlan 1 under Port 4 to EXCLUDED !! 

There are two other options for each Row / Vlan :  Inter VLAN Routing and Device Management.

You can route between Vlans if enabled assuming the vlan is not excluded.

You can ALLOW the 1st IP on the VLAN to access the Device Manager or not.

Now for the real life testing ....

Dave