Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 multiple issues

stoyan_bykovich
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've been having a lot difficulties to get Cisco RV042 v 3 run on both WLAN ports. I've tryed in Smart Backup Link and Load Balancing .... nothing.

What I want to do is:

1 web server in LAN lets say IP 192.168.15.2

1 dns server in LAN lets say IP 192.168.15.4

I want to have the router running as Smart Backup Link in case one of the internet connections fails (I will say that the DNS server handles most of the domain names on the web server so it needs to be publicly available as well, and the main domain name of the web server is managed by independent DNS server somwhere in internet, so it has mechanism that can be use to change the entries let say DNS round robin way).

The issues that i had so far.

1. WLAN1 with PPPOE and WLAN2 with static ip by the second provider LAN fasion, ports forwarded to the web and the dns servers - NOT accesible. Router firmware latest version 4.

2. WLAN1 with static ip by the second provider LAN fashion, network normal operating but cannot access the server on port 80.

Please, help. I don't know how is possible in no case this  router to work properly, I already asked in support forum of cisco and the only thing I received was redirecting to another support forum!!!!!

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Are you still using firmware 4.0.0.07-tm? Firmware 4.0.3.03-tm fixed a port 80 forwarding issue. 

stoyan,

If you still having trouble please give us a call @ 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case so we can assist.

Thanks

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer