cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 - Quick VPN can not access or ping remote network

woodsie59
Level 1
Level 1

I have an RV042 router configured to use Quick VPN by creating the clients on the router. The router has a Verizon gateway in bridge mode providing the internet access. I can connect using the Quick VPN but I can not access any of the computers on the remote network. I can not ping any of the remote PCs, with static or dynamic IPs. I can ping my local computer from a remote computer when I am connected via the Quick VPN, by using logmein on another local PC. The remote network has a static IP on it. The remote network has an IP range of 192.168.168.x.  My local IP is 192.168.1.x. I have tried turning off all firewalls, internet security, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.   

3 Replies 3

fwofford
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mr. Woods

I assumed that you made a typo when you described the network as being 192.168.168.x. I made the assumption that you meant 192.168.1.x.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. However if both networks have the same IP scheme meaning That if both networks are on the 192.168.1.x type of IP scheme. This would be the reason for you not being able to access those devices. Please reply back if my assumption is inaccurate.

Fredrick A Wofford

Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support.

Frederick,

Your assumption is not correct. The IP of the remote address is 192.168.168.x and my local network is 192.168.1.x. Would I be better off to reset the router to factory and start the whole process over? And this time take the default IP address the router wants to change to when I create the first vpn user? Thanks, Rob

woodsie59
Level 1
Level 1

Today I reset the router to factory settings, put in our static public IP address, setup a VPN client and acccepted the new private IP address of 10.x.x.x. I tried connecting to the VPN connection at home using the Quick VPN software, I got a mesage "Server's certificate doesn't exist on your local computer. Do you want to quit this connection". Which I expected since I have not put the certiciate file on this computer. I replied no and it connected. I tried to ping the VPN server and that worked ok. I tried to ping a computer on the network with a static ip. That did not work. I tried pinging to a printer with a static IP, still no good. My IP address on my home network is 192.168.1.46. I am using the Quick VPN client version 1.4.1.2.