cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 QuickVPN not working for all PCs

anupcmistry
Level 1
Level 1

So have a RV042 VPN router that is directly connected to the ethernet port of our comcast cable modem.

If I connect to it using QuickVPN (1.4.2.1) from a PC that is connected using AT&T 3G Network it works fine!

If I connect to it using QuickVPN (1.4.2.1) from a different PC that is connected using home WiFi (linksys wrtxxx) then it fails. In the VPN log all I see is failure messages for ping.

2011/10/22 15:47:28 [WARNING]Failed to ping remote VPN Router!

If I open a regular command prompt and attempt to ping the VPN router it works so not understanding why the QuickVPN is unable to ping.

Any ideas why this is happening or how I can troubleshoot this further. Makes me think the RV042 config is fine otherwise it would not work on a 3G connection. Something on the home PC or the home network. Not sure what to check.

2 Replies 2

anupcmistry
Level 1
Level 1

So discovered following today morning.

Moved the laptop that worked on 3G to the same wireless network where the other laptop would not work. Vola! it connects over WiFi and 3G (when tried separately by disabling the other).

So now it makes me think not only my RV042 config is working but a client is also able to connect via WiFi and 3G. So has to be an issue with the laptop itself which does not connect. Some software is either missing from this laptop or blocking the ports.

ping! bump!