Helpful
Replies

RV042 WAN2 Connection Problem

sammanjac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there

I have 2 WAN connection @ my office. One is the static IP from Reliance Network

The other connection of WAN is dynamic from AIRTEL...

When i logged into my router. I can see the dynamic IP from Reliance on WAN1 status. But on WAN2 is see everything as 0.0.0.0. The WAN2 configuration has been set to get the IP automatically...

I tried the other solution offered by one of the support guys, by turning on and off the modem, but that does not work...Can you please help me out in this part..

Or do i need to change the WAN2 connection to be PPoE or something...

4 Replies 4

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Sam,

You gotta get from  AIRTEL. details on how to interface to their network.

It may be PPPoE or who knows, except them and maybe if your lucky someone looking at this post.

I would suggest that they have a support number or website.

Also , from my hardware perspective, check to see that you are using the most current version of firmware. 

regards Dave

Thanks dave for your answer.I have been deliberately tryin all possible solutions...Also I have got the latest firmware from cisco site.

I tried today once again. Making the modem as 192.168.1.1 and then my local network to have subnet as 192.168.0.1. Then i gave as automatic and still i could not make th wan2 to work. Even it does not work with just the airtel connection connection to single network..

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Is your Dual WAN configured to run in Load Balance, not Smartlink Backup?

Sounds like you need to get the config manual for the modem and put it in bridge mode so the RV acts as the gateway not the modem.