cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G Auto-MDI/MDIX ?

baires
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I was looking for information and I did not find anywhere, can someone confirm if the rotuer RV042G the LAN ports have Auto-MDI/MDIX ?  In other words, does it allow you to use direct cable connected to a PC?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

baires
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, update, I found that the TP-link TG-3269 network card does not work well at 1000Mbps and only allows a speed of 450Mbps maximum.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes, it should support since it got-  4-port 10/100 Switch supports Auto-MDI/MDIX and up to 200Mbps of throughput per port.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

baires
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible that with a cat6 crossover cable you only get 300mbps speed and not have 1 gigabit? What can be the cause? all devices are connected at 1 gbps.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are SMB models, if the requirement per port 1GB, then you need to look for the model which support the requiremet.

by changing the cable, you can not modify the function of the device.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Martin Aleksandrov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi baires,

The RV042G LAN ports are AUTO MDI/MDIX by default and you should get 1G connection to the PC. Please check the PC NIC advanced settings and try to change the speed&duplex settings from Auto to 1.0 G Full-Duplex.

Regards,

Martin

I have the PCs correctly configured the NICs in 1.0 Gbps but I cannot maintain a constant speed above 300 mbps when I transfer a 5 Gb file between PCs through the RV042G router, will the crossover cable be the problem? Should I use straight cable?

If I transfer through the Cisco SG 10-16 Switch, I reach the speed of 980 Mbps without problems, but using only the LAN ports of the RV042G router is impossible and I only achieve a maximum speed of 300 Mbps.

I can't find the cause of the problem, is it the crossover cable?

The crossover cable is not the problem unless it is corrupted. Have you achieved that 980 Mbps with the same cable? Try to set the RV042G LAN port to 1G full as well instead to be Auto.

Regards,

Martin 

The RV042G router does not have the option to manually configure 1000M, it only allows me to select 100M, when Auto Negotiation selects 1 Gbps the LAN ports

rv042g.png

rv042g-lan.png

Try with other cables and they do exactly the same, I cannot transfer more than 300 Mbps between PCs using the RV042G router, both PCs have a TP-Link tg-3468 network card

baires
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, update, I found that the TP-link TG-3269 network card does not work well at 1000Mbps and only allows a speed of 450Mbps maximum.

Hi baires, 

We are glad you managed to find the root cause for this connectivity issue.

Regards, 

Martin