Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042G Routers Randomly Reset to Factory Defaults

i have about 8 of these RV042G routers deployed at sites that require dual-WAN capabilities in the past 6 months, 5 of 8 have randomly reset to factory defaults. These devices are on UPS' so they are protected from power issues. It's becoming a major issue. All are updated with the mot current firmware version, and the original two that reset were the previous firmware version, since updated. One randomly reset a second time even after updating the firmware. I have seen reports of this issue with the old RV042 but not with the G. Anyone else having issues and has anyone found a fix? It's a major issue for Amy site, and especially so with sites that that are two hours away from me. (BTW, I did speak to a Cisco,rep about this and they refueled to support the product because I bought them through Amazon (the latest in October) and they don't consider that an approved vendor and so they won't even honor a basic warranty. Cisco sucks more and more these days, I can replace these at all sites with another brand but it seems there must be a fix out there if it's happened at my clients sites this much. 

0 Replies 0