Helpful
Replies

RV082 Config lost - need to reconfig while waiting for a new RV345

WadeBurt46236
Level 1
Level 1

We have a RV082 that lost its config.

Using it to provide VPN and port forward RDP

Need to re-create the config until our new RV345 arrives.

I am unable to get VPN ports to appear for the Cisco VPN client. Also unable to get ports available for the RDP connections., We wont need these with the new RV345. Users will connect to RDP on the VPN going forward.

This device was configured over 5 years ago and the config has been lost.

I need help getting the VPN to light up and get VPN and port forwards to appear. On a single static IP.

Ports are:

outside IP  port 11062=>10.80.60.100:3389

through

outside IP port 11069 =>10.80.60.108:3389

Any help is appreciated.

The new RV345 will be configured for VPN offline and hot swapped overnight so we can sunset the RV082. I am told expect a 5 day+ delivery on the new device.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I am unable to get VPN ports to appear for the Cisco VPN client. Also unable to get ports available for the RDP connections

not sure what this requirement is here, is VPN connection terminates at RV 082, then you need ACL to allow the user's IP to Internal LAN IP for RDP..

or if you looking external IP address looking to port-forward look below example guide :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb346-port-range-forward-configuration-on-the-rv016-rv042-rv042g-a.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

WadeBurt46236
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent help on RDP. 

For both the RDP ports and the VPN ports, I don't think I have all the steps correct.

For instance, when I set up VPN for the VPN user client, everything configures as expected, but the VPN Client says it cannot connect. When I run a port scan, the VPN ports are not open.

Likewise on the RDP ports, if I port forward 11090, that port does not appear, so I cannot rdp to the desktop.

Thanks for the assistance.

what IP address you doing port-scan? do you have Public IP fixed from a provider?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

WadeBurt46236
Level 1
Level 1

I do have a public static IP from Comcast.

I am forwarding that . See screenshotsForward.JPGaccessrules.JPG