cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 v3 on 4.0.2.08-tm, no access from IE9

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

Using 4.0.2.08-tm on an RV082 v3, I'm unable to access the management interface via IE9 on Win7 x64. Chrome works fine, but I shouldn't have to fire up Chrome to manage the RV082. I've tried this on every box in our office and all just get a time out "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Yes, I've power cycled the RV082, I've cleared the cache, I've added the IP to the compatibility view, I even tried it under a brand new username to ensure there were no previously cached files in the way that weren't cleared. BTW, this happened on 4.0.0.7 as well, which is why I upgraded to 4.0.2.08-tm to see if it would help.  I've even tried it with IE9 x64 (no one uses it since there's no RTM plugins like Flash for it other than Java, but the RV082 doesn't require either so my clean IE9 x64 should have resolved any potential issues with plugins, right?)

Thoughts?

Oh, btw, even the Cisco Support Community seems to have issues with IE9.  Spell check doesn't seem to work if you don't have it in compatibility view. 

4 Replies 4

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Sir have you tried IE8? The issue may be with IE9, with that having just come out. I have had success with IE8 here in our labs, but we have not as of yet tested with IE9. On the Community Post as well.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Really?  That's Cisco's answer?  On second thought, while you reconsider your answer and before I say something I'll regreat I'll take this up the chain to others inside Cisco with the authority to review this.

SIr, IE9 has just come out, there will be some compatibility issues with some things. The same happened when IE8 came out. I am sorry if you did not like my answer but it was actually more of a question. If you have tried IE8 and that did not work, then I will continue to look for additional causes.

I work in the Small Business Support Center, badge# C259786.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Yep. We're aware of and working on IE9 support issues with RV Series Routers. Expect support for IE9 in a future firmware release. We'll update the Community when we know more.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves
Cisco Small Business