Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 VPN tunnel break

Hi All,

One of our customers has problems with VPN tunnels on RV082. After setting up tunnel it works correctly for few hours and then breaks up.. Altough Keepalive and DPD are on, the tunnel cannot be established automatically. The router needs to be rebooted and then tunnel sets up without any problem. I've atatched .zip file with screens from configuration of tunnel and logs from the device, if anything else could help in recreating this please let me know we will try to provide it.

Software version is 1.3-98tm

We are using this routers in our company and have no problems with them in similar configuration, but older FW version 1.3.7. I also didn't manage to recreate customers issue in our lab. Has anyone  idea what can be cause of such operation?

Best Regards,

Lukasz

7 Replies 7

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning,

I looked over your log and wanted to look at the other side of the tunnel. Can you please send snapshots of it?

What is the ISP info on both sides (Type, speed and etc).

There are a few unanswered questions that I need to have to give you a answer

Have a great day :)

Hi,

ISPs are:

Localization/Speed/Type

Swiecie/ 2Mb/1024 /DSL

Warszawa  2Mb/1024 /DSL

Piotrkow / 2 Mb / FR

Wola bykowska / 2 Mb / FR

If it helps the status of the VPN tunnel is connected all the time, but after some time customer can;t send any data through the tunnel, even ICMP message to the remote localization doesn't pass. I've attached the details of tunnel configuration on the second side.

Thank you,

Lukasz

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Try placing Router 2 in aggresive mode and see if that fixes the issue

Unfotunately it didn't help. Any other suggestions?

BR,

Lukas

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

It's not a recommended practice to post your WAN IP address and pre-shared key of your VPN tunnel on the forum for security reason.

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Good Morning,

Sounds like the ISP maybe having some connection problems.

I would setup a ticket with SBSC and make arrangements to troubleshoot with them.

HAve a great day :)

Thanks for all suggestions, it looks as David said that it was problem with ISP, from some time the connection seem to be stable.

Best Regards,

Lukasz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: