Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W issues with VOIP service

stephengrist
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm new to the forum and tearing my hair out here. We have an RV110W with a mix of computers and VOIP handsets.

Strange thing is that after 16 minutes of a VOIP call, the port seems to get swapped and the call hangs.

The VOIP provider, who is pretty worthless by the way - don't use Vivo Telecommunications - has decided that the problem resides at the firewall, They say:

The port swapping will be caused by the firewall, there are 1 of 2 causes: SIP Awareness; there are several things that can affect this most firewalls have SIP Alg but it can be disabled, also the NAT refresh time needs to be set correctly.

They have suggested some commands to apply -

• Cisco PIX firewall – run the command “no fixup protocol sip 5060”
  • Cisco ASA 7.2+ – run the command “no inspect sip”

Has anyone else seen this issue?

If so and you think these commands might work, can someone point me to the correct way to do that? I am really only used to dealing with the web-based UI to configure the firewall.

Thanks

Stephen

5 Replies 5

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Stephen,

There is no SIP ALG setting on the RV110W. There is also no way to configure it other than the web interface.

- Marty

Marty

Thanks for the message above. So is there any setting anywhere on this device which might be swapping ports for VOIP services after 960 seconds?

- Stephen

Stephen

The router has no settings for that. Make sure you have the latest firmware installed, there may have been an issue with the older firmware(s).

If the router is causing the issue then it has a bug. If you have another router, try it and see if you get the same result. If not, connect a VoIP handset directly to the ISP and make a call. If it breaks after 16 minutes, you know that the issue is with the ISP or VoIP provider, not the router. Another option is to disconnect everything from the RV110W (for security) except for a VoIP handset. Turn the firewall off on the router and try a call.

If you find that the problem is in fact caused by the RV110W, please open a case:

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Marty

Is there any NAT refresh setting on this router? If so, where can I find that, please?

I have updated the firmware and the problem is still continuing.

Thanks

Stephen

He Stephen,

Regarding the NAT refresh, RV110W does not have an option TCP/UDP session timeout to configure.

As I understand you have more than one handset in the LAN? Have you tested to see if you leave only one phone in the LAN, is there gonna be a drop of the call after 16min? Is it possible that all handsets use the same port 5060 and they are interfierent with one each other?

Regards,

Kremena