cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV110W QOS setup

mhubel
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to get the RV110W to place all VOIP phone data at a higher priority than other internet data. I have tried to connect all the phones to a seperate switch and connect them to port 3 with everything else on port 1. Then I have place port 3 at the highest priortiy in the "QoS Port based settings" page. Still when there is a large FTP data transfer going, the phone quality is poor (sounds like dropped packets).

Is this the wrong thing to do? Should some other setting be done?

Note this router only has these QOS settings:

Bandwidth Management (set to give SIP the highest priority)

QoS Port-based settings

CoS settings

DSCP Settings

2 Replies 2

lariasqu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mark, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for your inconvenience; I have some questions for you, what devices models are you using? Could you please, share to us you topology will be useful? What firmware are you running in your RV110W?

I hope you could provide us this information in order to provide you a better support.

Greetings,

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

Luis,

Thanks. The firmware is      1.1.0.9, it is a RV110w. All phones     are plugged into a single 16 port "dumb"(non managed) switch which     is then plugged into port 3 of the router. All the internet using     computers are connected to a separate 24 port dumb switch which is     plugged into port 1 of the router. The switches happen to be netgear     but I don't think they are significant as they are not managed     switches and have effectively no control over anything.  The router     is then connected to a Verizon modem for the DSL (slow) internet     connection.

The QoS screen is below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: