cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV120 VPN with Full Cisco VPN Client?

Peter_sgc_2
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure the RV120 for an IPsec VPN for use with the full Cisco VPN client?

I have tried but it doesn't seem to support "Goup Authentication"

I can see in the router confi I can set a PSK, but the full VPN client seems to only accecpt "Goup Authentication".

I have manged to get the "Quick VPN" working, how it works is beyond me, as it doesn't seem to create an adapter with an IP or anything on the local end, and I didnt even have to create a VPN Policy.....

Or put a better way, what alternative VPN clients (Free) are there to work with the RV120?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try the following link for instructions for Cisco VPN and the SA500:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/multi_function_security/multi_function_security_appliance/sa_500/technote/note/SA500_vpnclient_appnote.pdf

Hope this helps.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Cisco Small Business Support Center

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

The Cisco VPN Client will not run on the RV120. The QVPN Utility is the only one that we support that is for use with our Small Business Routers. With the QVPN  you can access PC's and other decices on the network that you are connecting to.  Right now the Cisco VPN Client can only be run with our

SA5xx series security appliance.  

THANKS

Rick Roe

Thank you for the information.

Is there a Guide to get the Full Cisco VPN Client working with the SA500 Series?

I am not sure if there is a guide out there for this but I do know that for the SA540 that you have to be at Firmware Level 2.1.18 to be able

to configure the CiscoVPN Client. I will look around some more it see if there is a guide for this process.

THANKS

Rick Roe

Is there any update on this?

Try the following link for instructions for Cisco VPN and the SA500:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/multi_function_security/multi_function_security_appliance/sa_500/technote/note/SA500_vpnclient_appnote.pdf

Hope this helps.

THANKS

Rick Roe