cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV120W Poor PPPoE support

Amperage1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I've set up a number of clients requiring VPN connection between multiple locations using the RV120W router. Recently I ordered two more for a customer that has DSL service and static IP at both locations. I wouldn't have thought to specifically check for this because even the cheapest of home routers supports the feature but it seems the RV120W has no ability to work in this configuration using the web gui. Is there a method to configure this manually and upload to the router?

5 Replies 5

kamatthe
Level 1
Level 1

Please check your firmware and what browser are you trying to use. The RV120W is configurable by the QUI for both VPN client and gateway.

The router also is capable of using PPPoE settings for it's WAN

You are able to configure the WAN interface to use PPPoE but are not able to set a static WAN IP for PPPoE

The Routers are using the latest available firmware (1.0.3.10). it seems on further research that the older firmware (at least 1.0.0.12) had the ability to set a static WAN IP when using PPPoE.. the feature has since been removed.

Hi,

I'm having a similar problem. I've setup a PPPoE connection, but we are using dynamic IP addresses on the WAN side, so I don't know what to put into the "Local WANs IP Address / FQDN:". If I put 0.0.0.0, the router says it's invalid, so I can't continue. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

The problem I'm having is actually not being able to set a static IP on the WAN interface when selecting PPPoE protocol. (Verizon DSL)

It looks like the trouble you are having is configuring the router to accept incoming connections from a VPN client?

If this is correct I don't think it'll work for very long using a dynamic IP on your WAN connection unless you setup something with a dynamic DNS service and use domain names instead of IP since your actual public IP is subject to change.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: