cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV120W WAN interface doesn't automatically re-enable after WAN connection is restored

btych
Level 1
Level 1

I found that RV120W WAN interface doesn't automatically re-enable after a cable pull and re-plug.  I have to go into the Status->System Summary and click the "Enable" button.  Is this normal on this router?  Can I prevent that from happening? I would hope this is NOT normal as this would mean that I would have to be on-site and login to the web interface to re-enable it after a power failure or WAN link loss.

17 Replies 17

Brandt,

Our developers are able to duplicate the issue now. We should see the issue fixed in the next firmware release, which is under testing now.

Thank you very much for providing the detailed information for us to quickly re-produce the issue in the labs.

Thanks tekliu and Brandt for following thru to resolution. I look forward to getting the updated firmware to keep my network going in the advent of an outage.

tekliu, thanks for working with the developers to hopefully determine the root cause of this issue.  Could you please update my case (615530353) with the current status including internal bug reference ID.  Harold Murillo (hmurillo@cisco.com) tried to convince me that it's either a problem with the .12 image load and asked me to reload it twice to "get a solid code load" - something that I was very suspicious about.  Glad I didn't waste any time on that.  He also mentioned that it could be a bad CPU in the router - another suspicious solution.

Could you PLEASE enter this into whichever internal system you need to for it to show up as a bug when others call in? 

When is the next version of the firmware due.  Sounds like there are a lot of issues to be resolved in it and people have been waiting for it for a LONG time.  Please add me to the notification list for when it does become available.