cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV130 - Static DHCP not manageable after firmware update

TorstenZoellner
Level 1
Level 1

RV130 - After a firmware upgrade to version 1.0.3.16 the GUI settings "Static DHCP" (in: "Networking > LAN", see attached snapshot) are without function: The dropdown menu to select the VLAN is gone and the table shows "No data to display".

This behaviour appears only after static entries have been made. A factory reset brings back the full function, but only until a new static DHCP device is entered.

Is this a bug or do I do anything wrong?

P.S.: GUI managed alternately with IE and Edge and Chrome browsers

12 Replies 12

Thanks cisco! I am having the same problem too with the firmware upgrade to version 1.0.3.16 - no dhcp or not is it displaying all of our static ip devices. Not happy; somebody please send me a remedy! Thx.

Hello,

As stated above, please call our line so we can open up a ticket and escalate it.

The more escalations regarding this problem, the quicker a fix will be made.

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

I bought a Cisco product first of all because I did not expect to have such basic problems with it, but it seems that low quality is everywhere these days, no matter the price.

I was expecting more from a brand like Cisco, right now the support is no better than let's say Tenda - sorry for the comparison but in my opinion it is just like that. The only difference is the price, Cisco is 15x more expensive.

When you are Cisco, you don't need to gather X number of complaints to start solving it. If you know you have a problem, you just fix it!

Very disapointed, I will search for a more robust solution.

We have the same problem after a recent update to 1.0.3.28

Totally disappointed with CISCO.

Can you get a guy to come over and fix this? Guess not.

Hello Antony,

I hope you are doing well, my name is Jonathan and I am part of the  small business department at Cisco

I apologize for the inconvenience with this unit, please let me know
-what have you done to troubleshoot this unit?

-After the firmware upgrade, have you done a factory reset on the unit?
we do recommend to do this after an upgrade in order to avoid any issues with the image.

-Do you have any errors showing related information in the log files?
-have you opened a case with our support center to determine if we need to replace it?

-if you have not open a case yet i encourage you to do so, as this is the best way we can help you.

-below you have the link with our information.

Regards.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4626/small-business-service-and-support-country

Thanks CISCO, you did it again with 1.0.3.28

eclerici
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem too with the firmware upgrade to version 1.0.3.16

Milan Milanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

I tested the issue in our lab and was able to reproduce it, which means that it is highly likely caused by a bug.

Please either open a case in our system or call our support line, so we can open a case and escalate the issue ASAP.

You can find the corresponding phone to reach us here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

Hello,

I have the same problem.

When will we have the correct patch?

Tks,

Geraldo

Hello Geraldo,

Please call our line at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

So we can open up a ticket and escalate the case.

As a workaround and until a fix is ready to be provided, you can downgrade to the previous firmware version.

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

I have the same problem after upgrading to 1.0.3.16. When can we have a fix?

andrei.pop1
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same problem with 1.0.3.16, list is empty but i can see the settings in the backup file.