cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV160 Gateway Mode

DavidMaris82661
Level 1
Level 1

We recently changed ISP's and the large increase in speed warranted an upgrade from our existing RV042 to an RV160. I started by using the settings from the RV042 as the basis for the settings in the RV160 and when I connect it to the old ISP modem, everything works the way it was when we were using the RV042. However, when I connect the new ISP modem to the RV160 WAN, I get no internet on the LAN. 

The one setting that is missing from the RV160 that was in the RV042 is "Working Mode" where the selections are "Gateway" or "Router". The RV042 had "Gateway" selected which makes sense based on what I've read. Am I missing this setting somewhere in the RV160?

Both the original ISP modem and the new one are in bridged mode. I talked to the new ISP and they confirmed that the RV160 registered on their network with the correct MAC address.

One more piece of the puzzle is that we are running a Windows server that acts as our DHCP server. So I have the DHCP server in the RV160 turned off (as it was in the RV042). The "Router" setting in the Windows DHCP server is set to the local IP of the RV160. If I turn on the DHCP server in the RV160, I get internet connectivity. But obviously we need the Windows DHCP server to function. So is this a "Gateway" issue or a Windows DHCP server issue?

Any thoughts and help are appreciated!

Thanks

FW version: 1.0.01.02

0 Replies 0