Helpful
Replies

RV160 OpenVPN giving error "'fragment' directive is not supported"

TestSW
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am configuring a RV160 as OpenVPN server. And I've got two problems:

After configuring the router I try to make a connection from "OpenVPN Connect" (as I have done to other OpenVPN servers).

I can't connect and I get the error "EVENT: option_error: sorry, 'fragment' directive is not supported, nor is connecting to a server that uses 'fragment' directive".

Apparently a setting should be changed on the router but I can't find anything similar via the web-interface.

Then I come to the second problem:

I would like to make a connection via the Console port, with Cisco blue cable and a RS232 port. Just as I have done earlier with other Cisco-routers. But no connection :-(

Any hint would be welcome!

Thank you in advance.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://forums.openvpn.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29422

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks, but sorry for my ignorance: Where should this be done, on the client or the server? I haven't seen the parameter anywhere...

- Seems to be an openvpn (client parameter) :

Ref : https://openvpn.net/community-resources/reference-manual-for-openvpn-2-4/

>...

–fragment maxEnable internal datagram fragmentation so that no UDP datagrams are sent which are larger than max bytes.The max parameter is interpreted in the same way as the –link-mtu parameter, i.e. the UDP packet size after encapsulation overhead has been added in, but not including the UDP header itself.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the reference, but:

I have configured TCP

I have tried with another client (tunXten), the connection works perfect

I have tried UDP with different max-parameters, same result.

I'm going to use the connection from an Android phone where I already have the OpenVPN-client installed.

So I'm a bit .....

Solved. I deleted the line

fragment 0

and the it runs :-)