Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 behind DSL-ROUTER can't connect with QuickVPN

om.pastor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I want to ask if is possible to configure the RV180 behind my DSL Router to connect using QuickVPN. First I tried to connect to the PPTP server and worked fine, but when I tried to connect using QickVPN, seems to connect but when the client says "verifying network" after a while appears the message "network not responding..."

In my DSL-Router forwared this ports: UDP: 500,4500,443,60443 - TCP: 443,60443 (i don't know if tcp ports are needed but I opened for testing) and allowed protocol ESP (comes with the rule to allow IPSEC-L2TP)

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Om,

I will recommend you test the Router WAN interface IP address reachability. Kindly refer the below document for your reference. If you need further assistance please do contact our chat support team @ https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/onlinechatsupport

Thanks and regards,

Siva

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello Om,

I will recommend you test the Router WAN interface IP address reachability. Kindly refer the below document for your reference. If you need further assistance please do contact our chat support team @ https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/onlinechatsupport

Thanks and regards,

Siva

Hello Siva,

From where I have to test reachabilty? From the computer where I have installed the QuickVPN client I can reach de WAN interface of the DSL-Router, which is doing NAT and forwarding the ports I said to the WAN interface of my RV180. The network betwwen DSL and RV180 is using private ips.

The schema is:

Internet ---- (public ip) dsl router (192.168.1.1) ---- (192.168.1.50)RV180(10.0.0.1) ----- my network 10.0.0.0/24

In the document you posted is explained:

"Your Cisco router must have a direct public IP address for QuickVPN to work, please check under the status tab and your internet connection type and make sure it has a public IP address and it is not behind another router. This issue is more common with DSL connections; if you are behind another router/modem you should request your ISP to turn it into bridge mode so our router can be the border router between your LAN and your ISP."

It's my configuration. I will look how to turn my DSL router into a bridge. Thanks.

Hello Om Pastor,

Yes.It is recommended to have router WAN interface to be configured with public IP address.

Thanks and regards,

Siva

Please mark answered for helpful posts