cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 not pingable

mgarczynski
Level 1
Level 1

I have setup a new RV180 and it appears to be connected to the WAN, however, I cannot ping the external IP.  In some of the documentstion, there are references to default access rules, however, there does not appear to be any rules setup.  What other settings need to be made to allow the firewall to be pinged on the WAN interface?

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi mgarczynski, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. Are you trying to manage your device remotely? If this is the case you need to set a VPN in order to manage you device outside the LAN.

I will share with you some steps to configure your device, https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-29399

If you already have all configured you can just check this document and compare to your configuration.

I hope you find this answer useful,

Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.