cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 VPN from iOS Device

hartbarger
Level 1
Level 1

Firstly, I know PTPP VPN is easily broken so I will not consider it.  I've read many posts and cannot locate how to configure an IPsec VPN from iPad through RV180.  I've got the latest RV180 firmware and iOS.  I'm very willing to purchase iOS app if required just want to know which one and get confirmation that it works -- read so many mixed reviews and posts.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

slstratt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello hartbarger,

Thank you for using the Small Business Support Community!

I found an Apple article that details how to connect your iOS device to a VPN using PPTP, L2TP, and IPSec. The article can be found here. No additional apps need to be downloaded; VPNs can be configured from within the device's settings.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to help you!

Best,

Taylor

I have the same problem. But the suggestion does not work. Here is why. After some IOS upgrade (i think from 9 to 10) the IPsec vpn settings in iphones require additional fields "Group name" and "Secret"(the last is required) besides the fields account and password. In Cisco RV180 and Cisco RV130W (at my sites) there is no way to configure any possibly working combination between them and any new ios device. All possible selections for the vpn type in iOS are IKEv2, IPsec and L2TP. IPsec is working no more, the other two cannot be set on these Cisco routers. I cannot go back to older iOS therefore Cisco VPN for me went useless. Anyway, the Cisco VPN still works for remote PCs and android devices. Dear folks at Cisco, go talk with Apple guys and do something.