cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV180 X-Box block on schedule

utexas123
Level 1
Level 1

This week, I replaced a netgear FVS318G with a Cisvo RV180, firmware 1.0.2.6.  I have a very limited knowlege of routers and protocols, mostly from exposure as a home user.  My goal is to define firewall rules on my RV180 that define when my tween-aged kids can and cannot play on X-Box live, as was the case on the FVS318G.  I am aware that X-Box has several port ranges.  Specifically, I have defined the following for one XBox port range to always block, as an example:

Custom Service: Name=XBox-TCP, Type =TCP, Port Range=3074:3074

Custom Service: Name=XBox-UDP, Type =UDP, Port Range=3074:3074

Access Rules: Action=Always Block, Service=XBox-TCP, Status=Enabled, Connection Type=Outbound, SourceIP=Any, DestIP=Any

Access Rules: Action=Always Block, Service=XBox-UDP, Status=Enabled, Connection Type=Outbound, SourceIP=Any, DestIP=Any

Access Rules: Action=Always Block, Service=XBox-TCP, Status=Enabled, Connection Type=Inbound, SourceIP=Any, DestIP=Any

Access Rules: Action=Always Block, Service=XBox-UDP, Status=Enabled, Connection Type=Inbound, SourceIP=Any, DestIP=Any

A similar rule on the FVS318 would block XBOX (and also on a schedule), but this is not the case on the RV180.  I guess I don't uderstand how to correctly implement rAccess Rules on this device.

** on a related question, if I define an inbound rules that also has a schedule, the router wants me to specify an IP address (??) for "Send to Local Server (DNAT IP)" address.  I don't understand this.  My intent is to block to *any* inbound address to this port-range.

1 Reply 1

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi utexas123, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I will help you with your configuration, did you checked if the router time is correct according with yours? I don´t understand something, do you want to lock Xbox live all the time or by schedule? Because you have the schedule rule disabled and the rest enabled, those are to block always the access.

I will share a document regarding access list scheduled, http://www6.nohold.net/CiscoSB/Loginr.aspx?login=1&pid=2&app=search&vw=1&articleid=2972

I hope you find this answer useful,

*Please mark the question as Answered or rate it so other users can benefit from it"

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.