Views
Helpful
Replies
7 Replies 7

jonatrod
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Philip,

I am sorry for the question, but do you have any issue or question about it? If you have it, you can post it and we´ll help you.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

josef
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all. With the previous .19 firmware, the rv180 router was very problematic with a multitude of wan/lan problems, losing its wan ppoe connection, not loading pages etc...

The new firmware has transformed it and it has been trouble free for me at least. It has gone from unusable to a decent vpn router. The interface seems snappier as well.

I just wanted to add all the above, since for many of us the rv180 was not a usable router until now.

My thanks to your engineers for their efforts.

Hi Jose, thank you for your comment, we really appreciate the time that you took sharing that information to the community. Also we are happy having you satisfied with our products.

Greetings,

Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.

erynthegrey
Level 1
Level 1

Apparently, with the new firmware, I can no longer assign an IP address to a specific MAC address as I could with the old firmware.  Admin guide has the same steps, but those options are missing from the appropriate interface tab.  The only I option have now is go to the DHCP LEASED CLIENTS, select the IP and "make Static" which does nothing that I can see.  There is no longer an ADD button on the NETWORKING>LAN>STATIC DHCP tab like there was with the old firmware.  What gives?

Hi Robert ,

This option is still present after upgrading the new firmware version 1.0.2.6

Did you make the factory default after firmware upgrade ?

Can you try please with another browser ?

Thanks

Mehdi

After upgrading to 1.0.2.6 firmware, the Static DHCP ADD, EDIT, etc. buttons disappeared along with all associated functionality.  From the "Available LAN" search, it showed that some of the originally entered DHCP clients were still listed as static while the rest reverted to dynamic.  However, now there is no way to edit or add new entries.

Buttons disapearing from the UI has nothing to  do with configuration settings.  It seems to me that this latest 1.0.2.6 version is still BUG ridden.

WHEN CAN WE EXPECT THE NEXT RELEASE TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE?

In our lab, static DHCP works well on v1.0.2.6, the buttons don't disappear.

Please factory default the router and configure it by using IE 8 or 9.