Views
Helpful
Replies

RV200W VPN SSL under Windows 8

jczanoni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

it seem's that RV220W SSL VPN Portal is not compatible with IE 10 under Windows 8

is there somebody had tested this ?

Thanks for your Help.

BEst REgards,

4 Replies 4

jczanoni
Level 1
Level 1

No Body for this Issue ?

ciscoeagle110
Level 1
Level 1

I have various CISCO RV-220W routers. I have never been able to make an SSL VPN to any of them using IE 10, IE11 or any of the latest versions of Firefox or Chrome.

CISCO Tech Support told me that only IE9 will work. This is rediculous given that the world has moved away from older browsers due to security issues.

I tried using Ciscos's QuickVPN but it won't work because Symantec's End-Point Protection software disables the Windows firewall. And as we know, the Windows Firewal is interlaced with IPsec, hence QuickVPN won't work.

Bottom line, I'm stuck without being able to do SSL VPN or QuickVPN. PPTP is not an option as it is far from  a secure option.

It's shameful that CISCO can't develop / modify QuickVPN or develop a new IPSec client for use with the RV-220. Third party software like Shrew and TheBreenBow work perfectly with the RV-220 as I've tested these thoroughly and have them working.

Why is a world-class company like Cisco forcing its clients  to purchase third party software to work with the RV-220W?

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

I apologize that you are currently seeing issues with Windows 8, SSL and QVPN. Currently those connection types are not supported. That is a situation that we are aware of and looking at. Currently the only thin available will be a PPTP or Gateway to Gateway tunnel.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. Currently there is not a known date that SSL or QVPN will be supported on Win 8 or above. Please continue to watch the community forum for updates.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

Wireless Subject Matter Expert

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:30 - 18:30 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Hi,

I am Chetan Savade from Symantec Techncial Support Team.

You install Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) with Network Threat Protection  (NTP) on a computer that runs Windows 7 or later. When you open the Windows  Firewall control panel, notice that it displays the following message: "These  settings are being managed by vendor application Symantec Endpoint  Protection." If you click Advanced Settings, the Windows  firewall appears to be on. However, rules within the Windows firewall are not  actually applied.

This behavior differs from Windows XP or Windows Server 2003, which displays  the Windows Firewall as explicitly off.

This is by design. Can remove SEP NTP feature to use Windows Firewall.

Can refer this article: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH123729

Best Regards,

Chetan