cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV215W and multiple VPN Policy Tables

Khan Hollis
Level 1
Level 1

We have a site to site VPN setup between remote user's homes using Cisco RV215W devices.  Site to Site VPN has been working great for years.

Recently we've started to implement SIP for phone calls and have ported numbers.  We discovered that our remote users are now getting dead air when a call comes into the site with the phone numbers that have been ported over to SIP.  After working with the phone vendor and vendor doing the SIP - we've found that the RV215W devices are not able to communicate with the SBC (Session Border Controllers) that are on the external side of the routers at each location.  

Internal users can ping the SBC.  Doing a tracert it's one hop away.  However, the remote users can not communicate with the SBC's at either office.

I was hoping to add additional VPN Policy Tables to have the RV215W device take the 2 individual IP addresses and route it across the IPSec Site to Site VPN rather than routing it across the user's home internet default route which results in them not being able to get the call established.

I should mention I've also tried to add static routes to the specific IP/32 and always get errors.  (I have many screenshots I can post if it would be helpful.)

Thoughts?  What are my options?  I still have one more thing up my sleeve that I'm going to try to do - see if I can use RIP to distribute the routing table to the RV215W devices so they know how to communicate with the SBC's.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Khan Hollis
Level 1
Level 1

Let me post another question in reference to my original post:  Does anyone know if RIP traffic will cross a IPSec site to site VPN connection?  At this time I'm not seeing any routing table updates.