cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 - Huge 20 digit numbers reported in LAN ports traffic statistics - Wrong port statistics

shiftgear6
Level 1
Level 1

On a brand new RV325 with latest FW installed (v1.1.1.19 ), I often (daily) see huge 20 digits numbers in Tx Bytes or Rx Bytes that are wrong.  Often, the unit is only up for few minutes after a power cycle and the Tx Bytes or Rx Bytes reports huge 20 digits numbers.   See attached example.

How to report this bug?  Pls advise.

4 Replies 4

Michal Bruncko
Level 4
Level 4

Hi shiftgear6

> How to report this bug?

if your product is still under warranty you can open service request via Cisco SMB Support center page.

But my experience with them is, that they are always trying to reproduce that issue according your description. This means that your issue should be reproducible. Yes, you can send them screenshot, but this is basically not helpful with identifying possible root cause - this bug (if it will be classified like a bug) can raise only under certain very specific conditions (like connected devices, traffic pattern and so on). It would be fine at least to reproduce issue by yourself again. Which means reset your unit and configure it with same network settings, monitor related events (like connected devices, possible power outages, router system logs) and continuously check counters.

I installed the new software release, and the problem is still there.

Doing some testing, I found out that the bug is related to SMB/SMB2 packets. The software does not calculate properly the number of bytes for these large packets. 

Chris Winne
Level 1
Level 1

I've been having this issue since I got the device. I've installed every firmware release as they come out hoping it would fix it, but no luck. Calling SMB support was probably the single most frustrating thing I've ever dealt with.

First they claimed it was a broadcast storm, then claimed it was an issue with the unmanaged switch I have in LAN1. They wanted me to disconnect everything from the router but the switch to test.

3 ESX hosts connect to their iSCSI storage through this router. So no chance during the day. They told me to call back during the weekend to continue the troubleshooting when I could have everything down.

Called back on a Saturday night after getting a nice maintenance window scheduled for testing this. Was told that SMB support does not cover nights/weekends. I would have to buy a support contract for that. 

Add to this the fact that I CANNOT get a straight answer on whether or not this router supports Jumbo Frames (my old RV180 did) and I'm really thinking that Cisco is done in my environment unless I need Enterprise Class.

SamirD
Level 5
Level 5

Is there a way that you can simply unplug everything from the router except the wan and access the stats via the wan (remote management) to see what the stats are then?  If you still see this garbage, then it's just a bug.  If not, there is something on the network causing it.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com