cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W back ALIVE ... But... (config file now "corrupt")??

awardblvr
Level 1
Level 1

OK... So.. Cisco support had me do a new Restore to factory defaults.  My router is now back alive!... Thanks Cisco!

BUT now It says my config file I  created a month ago is corrupt.

It is a text file.  I looked at it, it looks clean.  No, I did not edit it or convert to anything. It is an ascii text file.

BUT  it has versioning info and a checksum.

Is there any way to make this router take the config and use everything it can recognize and just ignore the rest?

How can I get past this absolute failure on Cisco's part to get these config files to actually restore the config???

It took hours and hours to config this thing and make it work.. Now all that info is useless???!!!!  Why the heck is this happening???

It's NOT corrupt for cryin-out-loud!  It is the Firmware that is corupt, not wanting to read and parse this file!

HELP, please...

Thanks

-Andrew

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Andrew, if the RV220W remained on the same firmware then it is unlikely the router is broken, more on the lines that the config file had an export issue.

If you upgraded the firmware to 1.0.4.17 then tried to load an older config file then you are likely running in to a problem with the different versions of software. On the 1.0.4.17, the router had major internal changes so it wouldn't be able to parse the config correctly.

If you are receiving a checksum error simple open the config file in a text editor, delete the checksum and replace the value with "0" just as I wrote it  "0".

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/