Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W Issues

russ.michel
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed a RV220W.  Overall nice unit, but I have 2 issues:

1. After power-on or restart, Internet performance is fabulous (cable ISP w/ 25Mb/s downstream), but over the next few hours, performance rapidly decreases over the next 2-3 hours to the point where throughput is <1Mb/s in either direction.  Reboot, and all is lightning fast again.  Totally unacceptable, of course.
  2. This router does not appear to support NAT Loopback (aka NAT Redirect) by default, nor can I find an option to enable this functionality.  The majority of the company staff are remote users most of the time, and the local environment is set up so that they can use the same public FQDNs & URLs when they come on-site.

I had to put the 6-year old Netgear router back in service as a result of these issues.

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

I was just made aware of your post and the issues that you are concerned about. I am currently working with one of our other agents to see if I can get some answers for you.

Eric Moyers
Cisco Network Support Engineer
1-866-606-1866

russ.michel
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, but the customer returned the router and replaced it with a non-Cisco model which he is happy with.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App