Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with a new RV082 Router

howardr
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all,

I hope this is the correct place to post my request for help.

I just installed a new RV082 Router and I can access the internet without any problems.

We have a security camera at 192.168.1.28 on the LAN side.  This works just fine on the LAN side but cannot be accessed from remote machines trying to log into the camera remotely.

The camera can be access on port 2782 without any problems using my Linux based Smoothwall router by going to any web browser such as Firefox or IE8 by keying in: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:2782 and the camera’s web interface comes up allowing a user to login by keying in their id and password.

I’ve tried for a few hours now to change firewall setting but I still can’t get this to allow anyone to login remotely.

The Smoothwall router allows me to setup a pass through in the firewall by creating the follow entry:

Protocol                                  TCP

External Source IP                ALL

Source Port                           2782

Destination IP                        192.168.1.28

Destination Port                    2782

This works without any problems.

Can anyone help be configure the RV082 in order to gain access to the camera?

Any help will be appreciated.  This is now driving me crazy.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Howard,

To forward the port in the RV082, go to Setup-> Forwarding. Click the Service Management and create a new service for port 2782 (i.e. Service Name IPCam, Protocol TCP, Port Range 2782 to 2782, Add to list, Save Setting) Go back to Forwarding and select the new Service from the drop down list. Enter the IP address of the camera and check the Enable box. Add to list and Save Settings at the bottom of the page. Please let us know if this works or if you need further assistance.

Your suggested procedure to resolve this issue worked very well.

Thank you so much it is appreciated.

Howard,

Thank you for posting your feedback. Glad I could help!