cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W - Packet Loss (wired and wireless)

terminalx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I have a RV220W with the latest firmware (1.0.2.4) and I loose about one in every 20-40 packets.

I have tried with both wireless/wired, on different ports, laptops, and Ethernet cables.

My configuration is fairly simple:

1.) I reconfigured the default subnet

2.) I setup a WAP on the same vlan (VLAN1)

3.) I setup a WAP on Vlan2 for guests

Other than that, settings are out of box (save a hostname/etc).

Any ideas? I just purchased it, and am thinking I'll have to phone Cisco for RMA.... There is a similar thread where people noticed this on wireless (not sure if they tried wired as I have).  RV220W Packet Loss over wireless

Cheers.

-Henry

32 Replies 32

CKloschinsky
Level 1
Level 1

I've been chasing this issue for months now, and believe I've found something.  If you are seeing the following behaviour:

Reply from 192.168.21.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Request timed out.

Reply from 192.168.21.1: bytes=32 time=3437ms TTL=64

Reply from 192.168.21.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64

Are you also running Crashplan somewhere on your network?  I've found this issue will pop up when Crashplan is in the mix.  It doesn't even need to be actively running a backup.  It seems to be something with the communication with Crashplan's servers that cause this (Crashplan's IP block is 209.208.241.214/24).  Please let me know if you have seen the same thing as I would like to engage Cisco with this to get a fix before this unit is EOL.

Hmm.. Chad, you might be on to something. I switched from Mozy to crashplan right around the same time I got the router.

Now, while I don't experience the packet loss much (very rare), I am still running crashplan on 4 computers in the house.

Please tell more about your findings. Did you do a packet capture in front of and behind the router for packets destined from the crashplan network?

-Henry

It appears the latest firmware (1.0.4.17) released at the end of August fixes this issue.  Had been such a long time I didn't realize they had released it.