Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W problem

msavard99
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

once or twice a day, the routeur stop working for 2 minutes (no LAN, no internet and no access to the admin console).

This is what I got from the log:

Sat Jun 11 13:25:59 2011(EDT) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] /pfrm2.0/bin/bwLimitConfig /tmp/system.db 9 dot11STA 1 failed. status=-1

Sat Jun 11 13:25:59 2011(EDT) [rv220w][System][EVTDSPTCH] umiIoctl (18, UMI_CMD_DB_UPDATE(4)) failed. table=dot11STA row=1

Sat Jun 11 13:25:59 2011(EDT) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] /pfrm2.0/bin/bwLimitConfig /tmp/system.db 18 dot11STA 1 failed. status=-1

Sat Jun 11 13:25:59 2011(EDT) [rv220w][System][EVTDSPTCH] umiIoctl (18, UMI_CMD_DB_UPDATE(4)) failed. table=dot11STA row=1

Sat Jun 11 13:26:00 2011(EDT) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] dbRecordValueGet failed for LogicalIfName column

Any idea ?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marc,

Create a separate SSID for your android and play with authentication type and encryption type to find the best available solution for yourself. Let us know what works for that model phone; also post the model of your phone as well. I have a DROID X and havent' had any issues yet but i do know of others who have.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

msavard99
Level 1
Level 1

I did a factory reset and reconfigured all the settings/rules and everything is fine now.

Marc,

Thank you for posting the resolution. This will certainly help if someone has the same issue.

The problem is back...

I disabled the "Block Fragmented Packets" , so far so good.

Ill let you know in a couple of days this time.

well it looks like it only happend when Im using my Android phone. So its a Wi-Fi problem.

What can I do next ?

Marc,

Create a separate SSID for your android and play with authentication type and encryption type to find the best available solution for yourself. Let us know what works for that model phone; also post the model of your phone as well. I have a DROID X and havent' had any issues yet but i do know of others who have.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

.:|:.:|:.

Hello Jasbryan,

I just did the changes and I will let you know if it works for me in a few days.

FYI I also have the same problem with another RV220W and again, it was when I was using my phone and going back to the previous firmware didnt change anything

Phone: HTC Incredible S (Android 2.2)

So far so good, not a single problem since I changed the encryption type and some of the radio settings.

The router used to shutdown from 3 to 10 times a day before the changes.

Ill post my settings in a few days , still waiting (not hoping) for a shutdown before I say "EUREKA".

Never had the problem again.

Here are the settings I am using (edit: Phone is now on Android 2.3 and I use the new firmware on the router and everything is fine):

Thanks for the information. I've been seeing this same error on a RV180W as well. I get the error many times per day, likely whenever one of the Android users connect to the wireless. However, so far I have not had any router shutdowns.

I have changed the wireless network mode from B/G/N mixed to G/N mixed and will wait to see if the errors continue.

Bas van Oerle
Level 1
Level 1

I also have the same problems here. Configured the settings regarding the screenshots above but its not working.

Wed Jul 10 10:29:05 2013(GMT+0100) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] /pfrm2.0/bin/bwLimitConfig /tmp/system.db 9 dot11STA 2 failed. status=-1

Wed Jul 10 10:29:05 2013(GMT+0100) [rv220w][System][EVTDSPTCH] umiIoctl (18, UMI_CMD_DB_UPDATE(4)) failed. table=dot11STA row=2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: