cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV260 not booting at all. How to create usb img.file for boot?

daniel-smekal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, My Cisco RV260 router stopped booting from the bouth internal image files. I would like to create a USB boot drive with the original firmware (RV16X_26X-v1.0.01.10-2022-09-12-06-56-24-AM.img) , but I have no idea how to name the img file for USB so that it starts first when the router starts. I have 4GB usb drive with FAT formating.

The one with the most specific name, i.e. priority from high to low.

• PID-MAC-SN.IMG

• PID-SN.IMG

• PID-MAC.IMG

• PID.IMG

or

• PID-MAC-SN.xml

• PID-SN.xml

• PID-MAC.xml

• PID.xml

Thanks for any help.

20240511_105239.jpg20240511_105259.jpg20240511_110627.jpg

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/RV260/Admin_Guide/b_RV260x_AG.pdf
   >...If you choose to upgrade from the USB drive, the router searches the USB flash drive for a firmware image file whose
name has one or more of the following: PID, MAC address, and Serial Number. If there are multiple firmware files in
the USB flash drive, the router checks the one with the most specific name, i.e. priority from high to low. 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks but what img is correct?

RV260-K9-G5.img or RV260-K9-G5 V01.img or RV260-689CE2A1C8CD-DNI2314A1ST.img ?

- Have not tried or used it myself , personally I would try or start with one image name on the USB only and use the image name in green as denoted in : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286316476/type/282465789/release/1.0.01.10
                        Meaning just copy to the USB (name unchanged) and see what happens , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Nothing happen

- Check USB led ; should be green if storage is recognized ; you may also need factory reset for the usb boot sequence to start , 

M.

Hi, nothing happen again. The router restarts cyclically and everything lights up, and then both the wan, LAN and USB are green. A complete RESET may not work as it should.

- I have no further clues ; you may want to engage Cisco : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

M.