Helpful
Replies

RV260W WAN Port goes Down after reboot

IFCO
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm on Cisco Router RV260W.

My WAN port is connected by CAT6 Ethernet cable to my provider's ONT (1Gps fibre connection).

My public IP is obtained by making a DHCP request in VLAN 100.
My Wan interface is therefore tagged in VLAN 100.

Since update 1.0.00.16 (and now 1.0.00.17) my WAN Port goes down after a reboot.

I notice in logs, thats WAN Port go to 10Mbps (instead of 1000Mbps) and down.

In 1.0.0.15 i don't have any problem.

Does anyone encounter this problem?

19 Replies 19

Thank you for the suggestion!

Tried this, but it did not help. I, actually, already had WAN port health checks disabled. Tried to enable it and disable again - same behavior. So I assume the problem is of something else - most likely, some incompatibility between PPPoE and WLAN TAG

nagrajk1969
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi a-a

I suggest you can do the below, if possible. I guess you will have nothing to loose but some additional time. If the below works, its far far better than applying your present work-around everytime you "may" need to reboot the router for some reason

1. Introduce a vlan-capable lan-switch (1-gigabit) in between the RV260-router-wan and the fiber-modem lan/access-port, as below:

(lan)[RV260](wan/vlan100-tagged)------(vlan100-tagged/trunk-port)[Gigabit-Switch](vlan100-tagged/trunk-port)----vlan100-tagged[Fiber-modem]---(interner)

- ensure that the 2 switch-ports connected to RV260 one side and the fiber-modem on other port are both configured as trunl-ports with vlan100-tagged

- Now you will not need to worry about the wan-interface not coming up or being active on RV260

hope this works for you

thanks

-br

Thank you for the suggestion. This most likely will work. However, I do not have a budget and space for an additional switch, beside it supposed to work out of the box - it did on previous firmware version.

MFlanders
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. I bought and configured this router previous week. After updating the router with the latest firmware I noticed that my WAN port was set to 10Mbps and was unable to connect to my ISP. After downgrading it to v1.0.00.13 I was able.

@cisco: More people are complaining about this. Does this problem have your attention? And if so; what is the expectation that this will be fixed?

Last week I performed a firmware upgrade to v1.0.01.07 which was released on 2022-01-28. This solved the problem for me.