cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 all items in System Log Tabel have equal time stamp

UweV
Level 1
Level 1

After updating the FW from 1.3.2.02 to 1.4.2.15 the system log tabel shows the same time stamp for all items. Is't a known issue and is there a workaround?

2 Replies 2

Dan Burget
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue since "upgrading" to firmware v1.4.2.15 a day ago.   And you can't downgrade back to the prior version without losing all your configuration (and you can't load a configuration file saved from the newer firmware), and I have like 40 access rules I really don't feel like painfully entering again with a mouse and keyboard going from field to field since this router doesn't give you a way to at least just upload those again from a file.   Hopefully this is fixed soon.

Something seems to be off with the firmware and support of this router.  Firmware updates are rare and various bugs that are KNOWN issues yet not fixed.  Seems like the RV180 I had was much better supported and solid, but I needed to upgrade to the RV320 for the WAN throughput now that I have a Fios Gigabit WAN connection.   Thinking of going to a $200 Ubiquiti edge router but I like Cisco and would rather stay with the Cisco RV series that have been so perfect for me for almost 10 yrs until the last year or two. 

Hi Dan.

I also bought the RV320 for better throughput. RV320 sort of works as a router, but if you want to use simple features like logging something, you will get disappointed. As you said something has gone wrong with the support of this model. Perhaps developers are up to something else or have just disappeared. I don't have high hopes for improved firmware any longer.

My next SMB box won't be Cisco but Ubiquiti edge router. That should be good value for money.

FYI.  Based on my findings an old firmware v1.1.1.06 (2013-12-06) is the only one which works well on RV320. I have used that FW for several weeks now. The web UI is fast and all features I need seem to work OK. Time permitting, try that.

BR
Markku