cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 and AT&T Beam / Sierra Wireless 340U

Adrian Luff
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to get the Cisco RV320 running FW v1.1.1.19 to work with the AT&T Beam / Sierra Wireless 340U. This AT&T LTE USB modem is listed as supported in the release notes for this version. This is the only AT&T modem supported unfortunately.

• I downloaded the latest firmware from Netgear and installed it on the Beam.
  • I confirmed the Beam works from my computer using the AT&T-provided software.
  • The RV320 recognizes there is a USB modem attached (Setup -> Network -> USB1).
  • The Beam has its own display and shows "Ready to connect".
  • I am using the default AT&T PIN (1111) and have verified this is correct via the computer. I have disabled PIN protection.
  • Unfortunately the following message is displayed in Setup -> Network -> USB1:
  • "USB Connection Status: USB modem is connected, but it requires correct PIN code to enable the USB service."

Enabling PIN protection via the computer causes the Beam to display a PIN locked message which never clears.

Has anyone successfully gotten the Beam to work with the RV320? Peplink has a note about this modem and inconsistent results, even with the same firmware so perhaps there is some hardware issue at fault. I'll also try opening a case with Cisco Support but I'm usually busy during business hours.

0 Replies 0