cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 drops second connection constantly

jwassing1
Level 1
Level 1

Recently installed an RV320 in our office as we needed something that could handle multiple WAN as we wanted a backup connection for our Exchange server.

The router constantly drops the second connection after a short amount of time (1 day?  I don't know I don't check it constantly)

The router sees the second connection as connected, but the IP addresses is 0.0.0.0  -this is a programmed static IP from the ISP.  The ISP claims it's not their issue as it works (for a short period of time).  We can get an address using DHCP, and it seems to stick for a while, but this does not work to use as a secondary mail connection.

I upgraded to the latest firmware - no luck (although it wiped all my settings and that was fun to restore - exported the settigns, but when I imported ti was blank)

Anyone else having this issue?  Anyone help me change this so that it works reliably?

2 Replies 2

jwassing1
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

I have got the second connection to come back - unknown for how long.  Will keep this thread posted.

I let the modem acquire a DHCP address, then reverted to static IP and it seemed to come back ot the correct address.  Although I cannot ping the second connections IP, but I can ping the first connections IP - this could be due to our server config though.

The only concernign part at this time is the "Inactive" flag on the connection.  Screenshot attached.

Logged into the router this afternoon and the IP was zero's again.  No internet in WAN2.  Anyone have a similar issue?