cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 feature question

tyshawn76
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to purchase a RV320 but there are two questions I have before I pull the trigger. 

1. Does the DHCP server support a /23? I have a guest network that will have upwards of 400+ clients on it.

2. Will this unit allow for me to route traffic for a single PC over 1 WAN port and if that port fails roll that single PC to WAN port 2, with a highest priority guaranteed rate? Also the rest of the traffic would only pass through WAN port 2 with a rate limit on those subnets/clients?

example

PC 1 10.0.0.2 over WAN 1 if fails WAN 2 QOS 5 Mbps/ 5 Mbps priority High 

PCs 10.0.0.3-254 WAN 2 only shared Limit of 50 Mbps/ 10 Mbps priority Medium

Guest 10.1.1.1/23 WAN 2 only shared Limit 100 Mbps/ 10 Mbps priority Low

4 Replies 4

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, tyshawn76.

1. The RV routers may be too small for 400+ guest clients. Do you already have additional/existing switches and access points to support these clients?

2. It is possible to meet that requirement though Protocol binding. Have you also considered using the USB WAN port as the stand by back up for this particular PC?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or send me an e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) directly. Kind regards. 

Yes I have my APs and layer 2 switches. I just needed the router at this point. 

As as for the single PC its a streaming media PC that we use for broadcasting and if that link goes down we need to fail over to the second link to continue the broadcast. 

Hello, tyshawn76.

Understood. There shouldn't be any issues on carrying over your PC to WAN 2 as WAN 1 fails. Let me check for more resources on prioritizing your PC due to WAN 1 failure. 

Could you also send me an e-mail so I can quickly get back to you. Kind regards. 

bsiapco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, tyshawn76,

Has this concern been addressed? Already bought a router?  Let me know if you need additional information or other concerns. You can email me directly at (bsiapco@cisco.com)

Thanks!

Barry