cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 firmware 1.4.2.22 refuses to display login page with Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Edge

rockjapan
Level 1
Level 1

We updated successfully an RV320 to 1.4.2.22 via a browser (Chrome) and immediately lost the ability to reach the log-in page from a browser.  We tried a factory reset and all the above browsers without a good result. Either there is no response at all or we get a certificate/dangerous site warning and the log-in page won't display even when clicking advance.  I then set up a tftp server (Tftpd64 on Windows 7) and successfully downgraded to (the insecure) 1.3.2.03 version.  It works perfectly.

We repeated the upgrade using tftpd64 to 1.4.2.22 after a fresh firmware download from Cisco and the upgrade proceeded without errors but has the same problem with no ability to reach the log-in page from any browser. Now we are back on a functioning insecure 1.3.2.03.

After the upgrade to 1.4.2.22, we can ping 192.168.1.1 successfully.  We just have no way to reach the log-in page from any browser!

This looks like a firmware bug.

Any ideas?

16 Replies 16

Thank you!!

Had this problem with my RV325 after a power failure.  Not only was the web UI access lost but the router failed to recover when power was restored. Especially annoying as this was in an unoccupied office so my local network was down until I could return and deal with it.  It took an additional reboot for the router to start properly passing data, but the Web UI was, as everyone else described, just a blue splash screen with no text.

Your browser console fix worked using Firefox, The router refreshed instantly with the correct login screen after executing your 3 command lines.  No need for any additional refresh or reboot in my case.   The "fix" is holding so far with repeated attempts to replicate the fault (by removing then re-applying power, etc).   Thanks again!!

Always welcome) its just web ui bug. It resets selected language to
null(nothing) in code. And ui crashes while initializing. Whe you executed
code it sets Selected Language to smth. And it makes it wirk. No magic.
Just pure javascript)