cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 Firmware Upgrade Fail

jasonreg416
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to follow the directions on the release notes for Flashing PWR light and solid DIAG light (http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/release_notes/rv32x_relnote_v1_1_1_19.pdf ). 

I am getting Timeout occurred and connect request failed when I try to put the bin file onto the router using the tftp comd line.  windows 8.1 PC connected to Router RV320 in LAN 1.  PC set to static IP as mentioned in notes.  What am I doing wrong / how can I get the router up and running?

HELP!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasonreg416
Level 1
Level 1

So after much searching I did find something which worked so I will share for the next one: 

1. I opened two separate cmd prompts with admin access. Change directories to where the bin file is saved or save the bin file to the Windows\System32 file
  2. In first cmd window typed PING -t 192.168.1.1 but did not press enter
  3. In second cmd window typed tftp -i 192.1698.1.1 PUT RV32X_FW_v1.1.1.19.bin but did not press enter
  4. Pressed enter on first window, then rapidly pressed enter on second window

Firmware uploaded to device on first try (though the site I found this on said it could take a few tries) - took about 10 seconds, router rebooted and I am now configuring it.  Let's hope after all this it actually does something for me!

Moving on!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jasonreg416
Level 1
Level 1

So after much searching I did find something which worked so I will share for the next one: 

1. I opened two separate cmd prompts with admin access. Change directories to where the bin file is saved or save the bin file to the Windows\System32 file
  2. In first cmd window typed PING -t 192.168.1.1 but did not press enter
  3. In second cmd window typed tftp -i 192.1698.1.1 PUT RV32X_FW_v1.1.1.19.bin but did not press enter
  4. Pressed enter on first window, then rapidly pressed enter on second window

Firmware uploaded to device on first try (though the site I found this on said it could take a few tries) - took about 10 seconds, router rebooted and I am now configuring it.  Let's hope after all this it actually does something for me!

Moving on!