cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 MTU Wrong

shcaerp11
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PPPoE connection that has an MTU of 1492.  Every router I have ever used passed this size packet.  The RV320 is passing a MTU packet of 1440.  Can someone verify and perhaps have a solution?  I wouldn't think that Cisco programmed it this way.  I have turned off everything I can find that isn't needed.

As a test, I connected a Cisco ISA550 to the modem and it gave me the proper MTU.  So I know it's right but how do I get the RV320 to perform?

Thanks

15 Replies 15

It's not just Cisco that's half-baked in the small business market--the whole market has turned into this.  I've dealt with the same type of support issues from all the major players.  It's just the nature of the game.  A 90% product is 'good enough'.

That being said, the smb products provide a huge bang for the buck when working in your infrastructure.  I'm able to do things for pennies on the dollar compared to 10 years ago.

It's a give and take.  The clear choice is that if something doesn't work, you just change it and get the job done.  Brand loyalty isn't what it was in decades past.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com