cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320. Need configuration for COMCAST fiber static IPs

Mike Creswick
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help on what should be routine configuration of RV320. I currently have 3 customers with RV320 or RV325 and same problem.  No one is using second WAN port.  No need for VLANs.  NO VPN yet.  All is well until I try to accept remote connections through static IPs.  IP addresses below are fictional: 

COMCAST fiber Level2 switch provides a tiny subnet for connection (e.g. 1.1.1.1/30,  so 1.1.1.1 is their network router 1.1.1.2 is WAN port on my RV320 router.  COMCAST then provides static IPs in a different block  (e.g. 1.2.1.10/28,  so I have a few IPs to play with.)   RV320 was originally set up without regard to static IPS.  My LAN is at 192.168.1.1-255  with my RV320 acting as gateway, having LAN address 192.168.1.1.   Router currently works in gateway mode.

All is well, until I try to use the static IPS.  I am accustomed to providers assigning static IPs in the same subnet as their gateway.  I then just use NAT to point public IPs to LAN IPs  (e.g.  1.2.1.3  points to 192.168.1.3).  Always works with other ISPs and other routers.  COMCAST says that the assigned IPs are pointed to my WAN interface.  Traceroute from outside shows them terminating at my RV320 WAN interface (1.1.1.2.)

Every computer in in the LAN.  Normally, LAN devices talk to each other.  Internet access is through the COMCAST switch via the RV320 WAN port.  Now, I want to accept outside connections and route them to devices on the LAN  (e.g. public address 1.2.1.x  pointing to 192.168.1.y) so as to make a couple of LAN devices addressable from outside WAN.

I have tried gateway mode and NAT.  I may have to work in router mode and write static router table.  I really don't want to insert another router, as  RV320 should be smart enough to do what I want.  Does anyone with experience in the mid-level-RVxxx configuration wish to offer a static route table -- or suggest alternatives? 

0 Replies 0