Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 open ports 25565 to 25569 not working

I have created a service like this:

minecraft TCP 25565~25569

Then in port forwarding I added the service for the machine on the network running the server that is connected to that port:

minecraft[TCP/25565~25569] 192.168.1.105

Enabled

Then in the firewall access I added this

Allow minecraft[TCP/25565~25569] Source Interface: ANY, Source IP: ANY, Destination IP: Single 192.168.1.105

Not sure if there is something else I need to do but when I check with Open Port Checking tools on the internet (https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ for example) it shows that port 25565 is closed.  This matches with the result of attempting to connect to the server from another machine not on the local network.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

2 Replies 2

riteshsh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

My name is Ritesh Sharma from Cisco TAC.

As you are trying to access your internal server from outside. You have to configure port forwarding in the router as you have already configured. The port forwarding configuration is fine. The port is showing closed because you have configured port forwarding.

Check the following settings :

1. Make sure the piblic IP is assigned on the WAN port of the router and the same is pinging from outside. 

2. Block WAN request is disabled in the router.

3. Under firewall rules add a rule allowing all traffic on WAN1/WAN2 from source "ANY" and destination as your server IP "192.168.1.105".

4. If the WAN port of the router is having a private IP then you have to configure the port forwarding on ISP modem as well where the public IP is assigned.

Please mark this as helpful if it resolved your query.

Thanks and regards

Ritesh Sharma

In response to your steps:

1. My public IP is not static it is dynamically assigned so it would be the same as seen from outside of my network.

2. I disabled the block WAN request as suggested.

3. I added a firewall rule for WAN1 from ALL sources to forward to my server for the service that I need.

4. I'm not using a private IP

I saved the changes and rebooted the router but to no avail - I still cannot access that port.

What else am I missing?

Thanks.