Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 static ISP subnet

thomaskrampe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

First of all I'm a Layer 7 Guy and have only basic knowledge about networking. With that knowledge I have problems configuring a RV320 (v1.1.1.19 (2014-12-01)) with a static IP subnet from my ISP. I have a /29 subnet with a FritzBox Cable as simple cable modem (no firewall functions etc. on the FritzBox). I have one IP address configured for the WAN1 interface (90.xxx.xxx.206). The second IF is configured as DMZ. Now I would like to forward the remaining public  IP addresses with different ports to servers in the dedicated DMZ.

To be more clear:

Cable Modem (90.xxx.xxx.201)

WAN1 90.xxx.xxx.206 (subnet 90.xxx.xxx.200/29) GW: 90.xxx.xxx.201

WAN2 / DMZ: 10.0.0.0/24 (different 8 port Switch)

LAN1: 192.168.1.0/24 (different 24 port Switch)

There is no connection / route between LAN and DMZ (other than the RV320) (separate interfaces configured on the VMware hosts)

I'm not sure if I have to configure the RV320 as Gateway or Router. The current settings are Gateway. I attached a little diagram to make things more clear (hopefully).

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I created this document to configure something very similar to what you are asking here. I think this will fit your purposes just fine.

Please see the attached document and let me know if it was helpful to you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cchamorr
Level 5
Level 5

Hello, 

I created this document to configure something very similar to what you are asking here. I think this will fit your purposes just fine.

Please see the attached document and let me know if it was helpful to you.

Thanks cchamorr, that's exactly I configure it by myself. The only difference is that at my RV320 I have Port forwarding rules configured as well. Nice to have a reference document.

Thomas

I'm very glad this worked for you.

Thanks for letting us know