Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 and Sonos

I have a RV325 Router along with 4  WAP4410n access points.  I cant seem to get my sonos system to work on the netwotk.  I can "see" them on the ip tables but there is no communications.

The SONOS site recommneds:

Cisco RV Series Wiring more than one Sonos component to the router causes a broadcast storm. Log into the router's administration panel and navigate to L2 Switch > RSTP and check 'Protocol Enable' on all ports.

but I don't see where this is done on the cisco interface for the router.

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erik F
Level 1
Level 1

Michael, I'm having the same issue, were you able to find out where to adjust the setting?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Erik F
Level 1
Level 1

Michael, I'm having the same issue, were you able to find out where to adjust the setting?

Erik F
Level 1
Level 1

So there may be a manual way to set STP through a ssh into the router but I took a different path after doing more digging.

The broadcast storm occurs whenever the router has to be used as a switch to route traffic to a hard wired sonos device. Meaning as long as 1+ sonos devices are hard wired directly to the router, and the supposed STP fix isn't implemented, you'll have issues.

There were a few solutions I came across:

-Disabling wireless on the sonos devices (advanced knowledge required and assuming all devices can be hard wired), as SonosNet (used in wireless) is what uses STP.

Or (the solution I used)

-Put a STP friendly switch off the router and have any and all hard wired (and wireless?) sonos devices below that switch. (Meaning no hardwire connection from a sonos into the router whatsoever, even if convenient). The variant of this solution that I used was to actually use an old sonos 'Bridge' device off of the router first, which then was connected to my Play:5 (near my router and originally the problem maker), then to the subsequent switch and additional sonos devices off of that switch.

Or

-Figure out how to enable STP on the router (I still haven't figured out how to do this)

Hope this helps!