cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 end-of-life for software updates? Best upgrade path?

GKToronto
Level 1
Level 1

I've noticed that the end-of-life is approaching for the RV325 dual WAN router. At:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/eos-eol-notice-c51-743069.html

in a document dated October 31, 2019, it says that January 29, 2021 (7 months from now!) will be the "End of SW Maintenance Releases Date", i.e. "The last date that Cisco Engineering may release any final software maintenance releases or bug fixes. After this date, Cisco Engineering will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test the product software."

The natural replacement path would seem to be the RV345, however that router will be nearly 4 years old in January 2021:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/routers/rv345-dual-gigabit-wan-vpn-router/model.html

(i.e. it was released in February 2017) Is that what others are switching to, or is there a better offering coming in the near future from Cisco, one that will be supported longer?

4 Replies 4

psandel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi sir, 

My name is Puneet Sandel and I am from Cisco small business technical support center.

Rv320/RV325 is going to be end of support in Jan 2021 however in case of any hardware replacement request all customers will be provided Rv320/Rv325s only till the stocks last in the local warehouses. Once all Rv320/325s have been provided and the stocks finish then RV340/345s will be provided to the customers.

Rv340/345s are being provided as both the models are somewhere more similar to RV320/325s.

Only Rv340/345s will be provided as the replacement for RV320/325s and there is no scope of getting any other models specially Rv160/260 as those are high end small business routers. Cisco provides routers as the replacement having same features and functionality.

Hope this post will help you out with the query.

Note: No configuration/troubleshooting assistance will be provided for Rv320/325s after Jan 29, 2021. However the replacement of RV320/325s will still be active till January 31, 2025.

Please mark this post helpful and solution so it might help others here.

Regards,

Puneet Sandel

Thanks for your reply, Puneet. Any idea whether a new dual WAN router will be released anytime soon (i.e. the RV345 model is more than 3 years old at this point)?

Hi,
Cisco has rolled out RV160 and RV260 models after RV34x routers. You can check these models also. Though Cisco will only provide RV340/345 in place of RV320/325 in case of hardware issue.
Regards,
Puneet Sandel

RV160 & RV260 are newer, true. But they don't have the dual WAN feature, unfortunately, so it appears that the RV34x series are the newest with that capability. Personally, I plan to wait until later this year, to see whether an even newer dual WAN router is released