Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Firmware crash

geert-jan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've a RV325, it works good till the firmware upgrade.

After the upgrade to RV32X_v1.3.1.12_20160427-code.bin the router won't boot. So first i've give the router a reset, whitout result. Then a hard reset (10 sec.), also no result.
I've tryed to put the firmware into the router to TFTP whit the next steps:

1. Power off the device
2. Hold down the reset button and power on the device. Make sure you continue to hold down the reset button for at least 10 seconds or until the DIAG LED lights solid red.
3. Now connect your PC to the LAN1 port of the device.
4. Configure your PC to have a static IP address of 192.168.1.100
5. Now you may upload the firmware to the device with Windows TFTP tools. To enable the Windows TFTP client navigate to "Turn Windows features on or off" in the control panel and check the checkbox for TFTP Client.

tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put RV32X_v1.3.1.12_20160427-code.bin

6. After you enter this command, the device should reboot itself and firmware should be installed

....also without result. I tried on the MAC commandline as also the windows commandline. On the windows commandline I get a timeout message. Yes, all ports, firewall etc. are open.

I out of ideas, anyone some tips?

Thank you.

regards,

G-J 

2 Replies 2

Milan Milanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Geert-Jan

Could you please try to hold the reset button of the router after powering it on for just 5 seconds, instead for more than 10?

Also, please ensure that your PC firewall and antivirus programs are disabled.

If you continue to experience this issue, please give us a call at:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

so we can try to put the firmware together or, if the router does not accept it and still refuses to boot up, to replace the unit.

Kind regards,

Milan Milanov

Called whit Cisco. Some Belgium guy only had to say: I can't help you.
Next stuf will still be HP i think.....